With all the warmth and character of an old friend, this Victorian-era home is nestled in leafy surrounds and a garden of wonders. Believed to be one of the first houses built in the East Maitland area, discover a solid dwelling with high ceilings and original fireplaces, dark floorboards and rustic charm. Green thumbs will delight at the food forest in their backyard, with a living breathing garden providing ingredients for the table and an oasis of calm to retreat into at the end of the day.
- This brick and tin-roof heritage home has three bedrooms at the front, plus a huge bathroom with room for shower, bath, toilet and vanity
- A homely kitchen features gorgeous gas stove plus wood stove, purpose-built bench with black marble surfacing; additional kitchen or storage area adjoins with sink, custom timber bench tops and racking; French doors open into backyard
- Get cosy by the fire in the living room or enjoy the peace and quiet from the newly-installed decking at the rear of the home and watch the birds and butterflies play
- Original pleasures of this 160-year-old home include: wide floorboards, exposed brick walls, high ceilings, a working fireplace and double hung sash windows
- The self-sufficient garden is the centrepiece of this property. Discover established trees (fig, avocado, mango, citrus and many more), plus vegetables and herb gardens, bee hive and hen house
- Appreciate the extra comforts such as off-street parking for two cars, reverse cycle air-conditioning, gas solar water, ceiling fans, water tank, garage/shed and skylights with blinds to allow more light into house.
Burg Street is centrally located just around the corner from East Maitland village. Take an easy stroll to shops, cafes, transport and amenities. Green Hills and Maitland are only a short drive away, as are schools and the main arterial roads to Newcastle, the Upper Hunter and Sydney.