With the advancement of technology and social media, it’s never been easier to be your own real estate agent. In fact, with property sites like Domain and Realestate.com.au now present and 86% of potential buyers using the internet to find their next property, self-selling has become available to anyone.
Sell your own home
- If you are handy and motivated, preparing your property for sale can be easy.
- Nobody knows your property better than you, so answering questions about the property will be easy.
- Get rewarded for your hard work.
- You have control over your sale.
- You’ll have direct contact with the buyers.
- Positioning your property at the right price on the market can be difficult without an understanding of its value and an impartial
- You will need to research and consider the fees involved in marketing and listing a property yourself.
- Beyond your day job, you will need to be prepared to answer phone calls, respond to emails, answer enquiries as they come through and do the hard work.
- You will need to have an understanding of marketing and how to close a deal. If you don’t, selling on your own could be a disadvantage and could result in some legal issues.
- Some of the negotiation processes can upset self-sellers, as they have a personal attachment to the property.
Sell through a real estate agent
- Real estate agents are professionals and experts in their field. They know exactly what your property needs to appeal to the right buyers.
- With the right agent, you will find that the final price you achieve on your property overcompensates for the fee you pay.
- Your real estate agent is interested in and will work hard to achieve the highest possible price for your property.
- Your agent will have a team of creatives, cleaners and trades on hand that are reliable and will make your property look good to potential buyers.
- An agent knows how best to market your property and for a premium price.
- Your agent is a skilled negotiator and will work with potential buyers to get you the best price.
- Agent’s fees.
- Having your property sale in someone else’s hands.
- Your agent will represent the property in all negotiations, so it’s important to choose someone you can trust.