Set on a generous corner block, this neat three-bedroom residence offers a lifestyle for those wanting simple pleasures, without any hassle. Extensively renovated by the owner over the past two years, fall in love with a quintessential miner’s cottage boasting gourmet kitchen, covered timber entertaining deck, a cosy internal fire and original period embellishments. Nestled in leafy surrounds and just minutes to shops, schools and services, this is your opportunity for security and convenience.
– Two of the bedrooms are large with ceiling fans, the master has built-ins, new carpet and access to a lovely covered verandah; a third bedroom has solid floorboards, decorative fireplace and handmade New York-style full wall bookshelf; separate bathroom with linen closet, new cabinet and paint
– Updated eat-in kitchen has been enhanced to make it a functional, yet beautiful space: timber bench-tops, soft-close drawers, pantry, striking parquetry-style floors, dishwasher, 5-burner gas stove, oven, new exhaust, subway splash-back, dog door and wide awning windows to let in the light; plus hideaway cupboard laundry
– A combined living and dining room has a wood heater to make the home toasty in winter, split system air-conditioning for summer months; adjoining step-down lounge room has been opened up to better connect the spaces – access the timber deck through beautiful French doors and an extra-wide door to the kitchen; period detailing throughout the home includes picture rails, ornate cornice work and sleek polished floorboards
– A stunning hand-built hardwood timber deck runs the width of the house and has opened up the indoor spaces to make them lighter and brighter; it’s perfect for entertaining, alfresco dining, soaking in the bush setting and all-weather play with roll-down shade cloth; step down from the deck to a paved north-facing patio
– Large secure level yard with new fencing has large shady trees, plus an array of mature fruit trees – enjoy fresh sweet juicy mangoes straight from the branch, citrus and plums; double lock-up garage plus workshop with fresh roof; additional tank water filtered and plumbed to house; solar hot water with electric boosters so you never run out; 807sqm offers the potential to take the renovations further with extensions.
Kurri Kurri has schools, shops, a hospital and all essential services. The proximity to the Upper Hunter and mines, the vineyards, Maitland, Cessnock and Newcastle means this sweet family home is minutes from everything you need and commuting is a breeze.
Expressions of Interest are closing on Friday the 1st of February 2019 at 5:00pm. Expressions of Interest must be submitted in writing to the agent Natasha McElwaine at email@example.com.