Step into a world of warmth and semi-rural living with this charming home set on a spacious 1.2-hectare (2.97 acres) parcel of land. Picture yourself in the quiet of the late afternoon, listening to the birds settle, breathing in the lavender and watch the colours change from your vine-covered wrap-around verandah. Open-plan family rooms and a fabulous alfresco living area provide an all-year-round retreat. With properties in this sought-after locale snapped up quickly, this is a rare chance to get the lifestyle you’ve always wanted.
– Originally a four bedroom home and now two, the master could easily be turned back into two separate rooms; all have built-in robes and plush carpet; a full bathroom services the home, plus additional WC; fourth bedroom now convenient study/office nook
– Rustic charm around every corner, from lead-light doors, to sash windows, new wood fireplace, to floorboards throughout the living areas; modern comforts include ceiling fans, reverse-cycle air-conditioning, solar hot water, laundry and fresh paint throughout
– The open-plan kitchen-dining-living space connects to a fantastic Queenslander room – big enough for a lounge, dining table and barbecue, fully screened with shade cloth and weather-proof rollers; rustic wood-style kitchen boasts walk-in pantry and electric oven
– A well-proportioned block of 1.2 hectares means space is in abundant supply; the allotment is divided into three paddocks – each fully fenced; perfect for horse enthusiasts with arena, stables, feed shed and carport tall enough for floats
– Shed to side of house features a 2-car carport, plus double garage currently used as storage; massive double water tanks service home and garden; wide gravel driveway leads to house
– Hardiplank home with classic tin roof is positioned at the high end of a gently undulating block; towering gums create a tranquil bushland atmosphere; a large cleared yard takes little work to maintain; so much potential for gardens, extensions, pets and a pool.
Soak up the quiet of being on a no-through road and get a taste of country life just 15 minutes from the services, schools and facilities of Raymond Terrace, Maitland and East Maitland. The commute to Newcastle and the Upper Hunter is under one hour, and the airport and Hunter Expressway only 30 minutes.