Bursting with character and charm, this double-brick late 1890s homestead delivers an idyllic lifestyle. Set behind a picket fence on a generous 920sqm block, framed by gorgeous gardens, it offers an abundance of space and opportunity. Perfect for extended families or those looking for additional income, it is currently converted into two self-contained residences. It can also easily be converted back into one property.
The beautiful home showcases delightful period detailing throughout its light-filled interior with high ornate metal pressed ceilings, double-sized skirting boards and sash-style windows. Original leadlight windows have been retained as well as the original front door. Each wing of the home has its own entry and includes a comfortable lounge room and well-appointed kitchen. The bedrooms are large, with original fireplaces and timber mantels.
Soak up the relaxing ambience of this country-style setting from the sun-drenched front veranda. The level garden is a paradise for youngsters and pet owners with large fully fenced lawn. There is even space to add a pool, STCA. A double carport and garden shed provide storage.
Famous for its pretty tree-lined streetscapes, Lorn is a haven away from the hustle and bustle of suburban living yet within easy reach of modern conveniences. It is a short walk into the town centre with an array of boutique outlets and local cafes. Or jump in the car and drive 10-minutes to Green Hills Shopping Centre.
– Commercial zoning is an advantage
– Classic double brick Victorian home currently set up as two separate flats
– The two-bedroom property includes a lounge and a newly renovated kitchen
– The one-bedroom property includes a lounge/dining area and gas kitchen
– Both properties include updated bathrooms, internal laundries, air-conditioning
– Zoned for Nillo Infants School (210m) and Bolwarra Public School (2.8km)
– Easy access to Hunter Valley Grammar, within catchment for Maitland High School
– Choice of shopping Green Hills Shopping Centre (7.3km), Maitland Riverside Plaza (1.5km)
– Just 400m to Lorn Park Bowls and Sports Club, close to the New Maitland Hospital (8.6km)
– Stroll to the local bus stop, easy reach of Maitland train station (2.3km)
– Positioned 48 minutes from Newcastle CBD and just two hours to Sydney